Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bible Study Jan 29


Jan.29
Old Testament; Job 11:11-14:22
During these chapters Jobs’ friends tell him to repent from his sin, so God can restore him.  Job tells them that he has done nothing wrong.  Possibly he is being punished for his youth. (13:26) Job says, “God is all-powerful”. Job knows God punishes sin, but he cannot think of anything he has done.  His friends can’t believe that he is not guilty.
12; 12  “Is not wisdom found among the aged?  Does not long life bring understanding?
Life Lesson; Our sin and punishments are between God and us, no one knows our hearts desires as GOD does, therefore we should not judge each other.
New Testament; Mathew 20:1-19
This is the parable of the workers in the vineyard.  The Landowner paid workers the same wage regardless of how long they had worked.  The workers, who had agreed in the morning to work a full day for one denarius, were upset that the ones who only worked an hour received the same wage.  The Landowner reminded them, isn’t this the wage we agreed upon?
Life lesson; this reminds me of salvation through Jesus Christ.  It is sometimes hard to accept that someone who has lived the worst life possible can be forgiven on his or her deathbed and still enter the kingdom of God.  For me, now I am thankful this truth, because I have people, whom I love, that have until that moment the opportunity to trust Christ and be saved.  Clearly, those of us who trust Jesus in our daily life, have a greater peace here and now.   Face it; It feels good to work in God’s kingdom, regardless of the wage.
Psalm 17:6-12  “I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.



No comments:

Post a Comment