Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Blessed assurance to fight doubt

John 6:67 "You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the twelve.  68 Simon Peter answered him, " Lord, to whom shall we go?   You have the words of eternal life. 69. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."    When Jesus spoke of eating his flesh and drinking his blood that was a very hard teaching.   Currently many of us take communion and are renewed by it.   Truth is sometimes unbelief enters our minds and hearts.    The thought of, “What if this is not true?” Attacks us.   Personally I have had a white light near death experience,  I am absolutely convinced it is true.   Plus the many other miracles I've witnessed, helps me with a blessed assurance. But still,doubt attacks me.  It is very humane to doubt.  God is way bigger than we can possibly imagine and believing with a child like faith is the only way I have found to have hope and peace.   I can not possibly reason out the power of the sacraments.   I can not reason out God.   He and His ways are way beyond my understanding.    I choose to believe.    I choose to trust.  Why would I not?    What hope could I have if I didn't TRUST God?  What comfort would there be, to stubbornly say there is no God?        One prayer I use often is, "Lord I believe help me with my unbelief."(Mark 9:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment