Thursday, January 25, 2024

Mustard seed faith?

Acts 2:21  "And everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved."

Matthew 17:20 "He replied, "Because you have so little faith, I can tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain; Move from here to there and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."   When my twins were born 31 years ago my uterus ruptured.   I was bleeding out and the medical staff was running me to the OR.  On the way I heard them yell out, “Call the clergy!”, I knew I was in trouble.  I yelled out, “I’m Lutheran get me a Lutheran pastor!” Then I said a prayer, “Jesus I need your help!”  I called on the name of the Lord!   Immediately I was surrounded by a warm white light and I felt a peace that surpassed all understanding.  I knew that I knew I was going home.  I could feel the welcoming of my family it was the most real thing I have ever felt.  Then I heard a voice that said, “ You can’t go yet, those twins need you.”   Immediately I was whooshed  back into my body.    I woke up in the recovery room.   As I awoke I remember thinking , “ Oh No not this life again, like a weight had just been put on my shoulders.  Then I remembered the voice, “You can’t go yet those twins need you.”   I gathered up my strength to go forward here.   I have not feared death since this moment.   I know, that I know when  I called upon the Lord I was saved.   At that point in my life I only had faith the size of a mustard seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment