Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Daniel Challenge day nine


The Daniel Challenge Day nine
There is a lot in this chapter.  What struck me most was even though people know God is real, we people still sin and fall short.  Daniel prayed that God’s wrath would not be against His people but that He would give grace, mercy and forgiveness. Daniel sought God with prayer and fasting. 

I have been more aware during our Daniel Challenge of how I fall short on my wellness regimen when I am not planning it. I am thankful for the conviction in my heart to take better care of my physical body.  Today in honor of our Daniel study, when I am tempted to eat food that is not on my wellness plan I will intentionally fast it to the LORD.  Anyone else want to try this today?  When I am tempted to eat things not on my plan I will stop pray and say, “ NO!  I am fasting these foods unto the LORD!”

Daniel 9:3  “And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting and sackcloth, and ashes.”

Daniel 9:9 To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgiveness, though we have rebelled against Him:”

Be fit and be blessed

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment