The Fourth of July has come and gone. How are you doing on living a healthy lifestyle this summer?
Ask yourself, is your faith first? Do you enjoy your life? Are you treating your body as His temple?
Many times we fall short on our wellness goals because we get tiered. Often we get tiered simply because we lack sleep. The average person who is chronically sleep deprived tends to be 25 pounds or more over weight. As an adult we need 8-10 hours of sleep daily. If we do not get enough sleep we cannot think straight. We get more emotional and can react to situations with a defeated attitude., forgetting our faith. Make sleep a priority in your wellness plan and you will be better equipped to meet you other wellness goals.
Tips for good quality sleep:
1. Have a regular bedtime.
2. Establish a bedtime routine.
3. Sleep in a quiet, dark environment. (No TV or radio for background noise)
4. If you are struggling falling asleep call on the name of Jesus.
5. Stay in bed even when you can’t sleep and continue to try to sleep. Do not get up and go on the computer or watch TV for a while, teach your body to be quiet for a set schedule.
6. Avoid caffeine, sugar and alcohol.
7. Cast your cares for He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
Proverbs 3:24 “When you lie down, you will not be afraid: Yes you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.”
Be fit and be blessed,