Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Daniel Challenge day ten


The Daniel Challenge day ten
Daniel was given his final vision after he practiced much discipline.  Yesterday, I tried to fast unto the Lord all the mindless eating.  I did OK.  How did you do?

Fasting and praying are powerful ways to feel more connected to God.  Today, I will continue on with fasting my mindless eating.  I will feed my body, fruit, veggies, water and healthful sources of protein.  I will still have a treat, but it will be planned and when I eat it I will relax and enjoy it.  Today, I will treat my body as His temple.  Are you with me sister’s?

Daniel 10:3 “I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all till three whole weeks were fulfilled.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. It helped yesterday to be fasting mindless eating and I will continue today. How easy it is to not think first.

    In Daniel 10 today these verses stood out to me.

    12 Then he said to me, “W)">(W)Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on X)">(X)humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response Y)">(Y)to your words. 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was o]">[o]withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Z)">(Z)Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia. 14 Now I have come to AA)">(AA)give you an understanding of what will happen to your people in the p]">[p]AB)">(AB)latter days, for the vision pertains to AC)">(AC)the days yet future

    There is a fierce battle out there, but God hears our cries for understanding and help and he sends help. Our eyes don't see this battle and many times my mind doesn't want to even think on it.

    Thanks be to you God for your strength and help.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete