Monday, November 21, 2011

Fit Bit (forgive the unforgiveble?)


Fit Bit with Kimberly (relationships/forgiveness)
Question:  My Husband has done the unforgiveable.  I am angry.  I know in the Bible I am able to get divorced because of this.   I feel strong now, because of the anger.  What do I do?

ANNswer:   Love him.  I am not saying to condone his behavior, I am saying find a Christ type love inside you and love him.  If you have children, be careful not to lash out at him in front of them.  When we lash out at the mother or father of our children we are lashing out, at half of them. (This is advising I received from a family counselor during my divorce. I have found it to be very helpful.)

The pain of infidelity is paralyzing.  I have been the adulteress.  I have been forgiven.  I know that my heart has changed and I would not be that person today, through the help of Jesus.  I will never forget the day I was freed from this sin.  I changed my sheets; I put on fresh clean pink sheets.  I felt white as snow.  My marriage was not saved.  I was.  Today I will make a much better wife, if given the opportunity.  I have watched my best friends marriage be torn apart with infidelity and I have witnessed the power of Jesus in their marriage. They have forgiven each other and are now closer and happier then they were in high school.  All things are possible through Jesus.  Love is possible when we focus first on His love for us.  Is your husband’s sin unforgiveable?  I do not think any sin is unforgiveable.  I believe we can start fresh through Jesus. 

I would console with your Pastor, if you don’t have one find a Christian family counselor and go from there. 

Ephesians 4:32 “And be ye kind one to an other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

PS When my best friend suffered with infidelity I was the only one suggesting forgiveness.  I am so THANKFUL for FORGIVENESS!!





No comments:

Post a Comment