Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bible Study March 27

March 27,2014

Old Testament Reading;

Balaam’s Donkey

Balaam’s donkey saw the Angel in the road three times before Balaam realized what was going on.  The Angel of the Lord was in the road to stop Balaam and give him a message from God.  Finally the fourth time, Balaam realized his sin.

32”The angel of the Lord asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times?  I have come here to oppose you because the path is a reckless one before me.  33The donkey saw me and turned away.  I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared her.””

Kimberly’s thoughts; According to Behavioral Science, when a person thinks of something three times they have a genuine feeling. (In Balaam’s case he wanted to kill the donkey.)  By the fourth thought, we have an action.  That is why it is so very important to take control of our negative thoughts.  This story reminds me of how often God is trying to get through to me and how often I am not paying attention.



New Testament Reading;
Luke 6:37-7:10

Judging Others
6:37  “Do not judge, and you will not be judged.  Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.  Forgive, and you will be forgiven.  38Give, and it will be given to you.”

Psalms 37:32-40
37:34 “Wait of the Lord and keep His way.  He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off you will see it.”








No comments:

Post a Comment