Monday, March 3, 2014

Fit Bit ( eat to live )

Fit Bit  (Eat to live vs. Live to eat)
Last week one of our friends suggested the book “Eat to Live”.  I too have heard many good reviews on this book.  I have not read it. 

I think the name says it all!!!  I used to work with a man whose philosophy was, “sleep till your hungry and eat till your tired”.  Surprise, surprise he was over weight.

In order for me to stay on track with, “eating for life”, I intentionally eat 2-3 fruits and 5-7 servings of vegetables in the first part of my day, on purpose.  I try to think of foods that will help my body perform.  I still eat for pleasure.  I love to eat vanilla ice cream at the end of my day.   Yet, I mostly try to eat things that will help me in life.  I drink water as my main beverage.  I had to train myself to do this.  At first I really missed the chips and soda, but now I crave the good stuff.  I make it convenient to grab nutritious food.

Do you eat for fun or for life?

1 Corinthians 9:27  “Like an athlete I punish my body, treating it roughly, training it to do what it should, not what it wants to.  Otherwise I fear that after enlisting others for the race, I myself might be declared unfit and ordered to stand aside.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly



No comments:

Post a Comment