Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 9 Bible study


March 9

Old Testament Reading; Leviticus 19:1-20:27
Here the Bible goes through various laws and punishment for sin. 
A phrase that is repeated throughout these chapters is;
19:1-2  “The Lord said to Moses, “Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them;  “Be holy because I, the Lord your God am holy.”
Kimberly’s thoughts; I am trying to be a better steward of all the blessings God has given me, to honor Him this Lent season.  Yesterday, only two days into Lent, I failed miserably.  To be Holy, as God is Holy, is difficult.  I am thankful for the forgiveness Jesus provides every moment of every day!  One of the reasons I am failing at my desires is that my goal of being a better steward is too vague.  Today, I am readjusting the wording of my Lent goal.  I will stick to my budget.  I will eat foods that are healthful and only one normal size treat a day.  We all have a better chance of obtaining our goals if they are clearly worded.

New Testament; Mark 14:17-42
During these verses Peter denies Jesus three times. 
Kimberly’s thoughts; Jesus knew Peter would do this.  Jesus loves Peter anyway.

Psalm 31:9-18 

9”Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.”

No comments:

Post a Comment