Saturday, January 14, 2012

Healthy and Well (Godly sleep)


Healthy and well 2012 (2/8)
This morning I was reading Psalm 25 KJV.  I had an epiphany.

“I call on Thee, I wait on Thee, and you are the only way out of all this mess.”

OK my KJV English and my modern English got a bit mixed up there.  But, you get the point.
 These first two weeks on January we are trying to be;
1.     Centered on God first. (Mathews 6:33”Seek ye, first the kingdom of God.”)
2.      Improve our sleep patterns. (Proverbs 3:24”…Thy sleep shall be sweet.”)

My epiphany this morning is a great culmination of both of these.  Sometimes we can’t sleep because things in our lives bother us.  No matter what is going on God is bigger then our problems.   He will handle it!  Not in our timing or our way, but in His perfect timing and in His perfect way.  When I wait on the Lord and trust Him I can get to sleep.
Here are some other tips on sleep:
1.      Go to bed at the same time every day.
2.     Sleep in the same bed every day; avoid falling asleep on the couch.
3.     Sleep in a quiet, dark environment; avoid falling asleep in front of the TV or radio.
4.     Have a bedtime routine, i.e. Brush teeth, read, pray, sleep.
5.     Participate in daily exercise.
6.     Avoid sugar and caffeine, especially before bedtime.
7.     Eat a balanced diet.
8.     Practice thought control.   Calm your mind by trusting God.  Call on Him, so you can sleep.

Psalm 127:2 “It is vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; For so He gives His beloved sleep.”
Proverbs 3:24  “When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.”

Psalm 25:20-21  “ O keep my soul, and deliver me; let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in Thee.  Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait on Thee.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment