Saturday, January 7, 2012

Helathy and well 2012(5)


Healthy and well for 2012(week one/5)
At this point we are all settling to the New Year.  Have you carved out time, daily for Jesus?

He is with us 24/7, (Hebrews 13:5 “I will never leave thee or forsake thee”.) Yet, often we can forget He is here.  When we call upon the name of the Lord He responds!  That is a promise of God!!!  This year we want to live in His promises and not our pain.  Call on the Name of the Lord!

Ask Him In; “Father, I need a little help here; please give me strength, through Jesus name I pray, Amen. “ Is a prayer I use, often.  Sometimes I simply call His name, JESUS.  As I say His name I concentrate on Him.  Immediately I feel His peace.  I get such incredible relief when I call upon Him.  Yet, I still forget and eat the bon bons or complain.  When I reach for anything else, instead of Jesus, I stay in bondage.  My big bondage used to be alcohol and approval seeking.  Now I struggle with food issues and complaining.  I share this because we all are suffering with something.  Ask yourself, what do I turn to instead of God?  Then figure out how to call on our Lord instead.

Some People wear a cross around their neck; some carry a rock in their pocket I remember to call on the Lord daily by starting my mornings off in prayer and reading scripture.  I also try to surround myself with other Christian friends who remind me to call upon our Lord.  How do you remember to call on Him? 

Have you asked Jesus into your life?  Do you call on Him in your pain and your joy?

Roman 10:13  " For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly





No comments:

Post a Comment