Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Healthy and well (Rest in Stress)


Healthy and Well 2012  (Rest in Stress)
Being able to cast our cares starts in our thought life.

We each have the ability to control how we think. We decide what we will think about.  If we are thinking about how much we deserve a piece of chocolate cake eventually we will be eating chocolate cake! 
Romans 12; 1-2  “ I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies s a living sacrifice, holy acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.  2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”

We are transformed by the renewing of our minds.

Behavioral Science tells us the effects of our thinking:
1st thought = dismissible immediately
2nd thought= still dismissible
3trd thought= creates feeling or desire

4th thought=Action

So if you think:

1.     I don’t feel like exercising
2.     I don’t want to get sweaty
3.     I don’t feel like changing clothes
Feeling; you will desire to do anything besides exercise
       4.   I don’t have time anyway.
Action; you will be headed to the couch or the fridge.

If we attack our toxic thoughts immediately we are more likely to succeed.

Example;
1.     I don’t feel like exercising- Immediately dismiss =combat the thought;
I am not going to let my revolving feelings dictate my life!  I am going to workout! I have made a promise to God to treat my body like His temple not my trashcan!
Action; you are on your way to your workout!

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly




No comments:

Post a Comment