Monday, April 12, 2021

Only what’s done for Christ will last

   2 Corinthians 7:10 " Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death."  This verse really struck me today. When I have truly changed my ways it's because of Godly sorrow.  In my heart of hearts I wanted to leave the old ways behind and walk in a new life.  This sincere distaste for my old behaviors and my sincere embrace of my new way of life helps me “keep on keeping on” with Gods word as a lamp to my feet.   Before I would be sad I got caught or had to pay consequences, that is worldly sorrow. That never produced a true life change for me.      Today, I hope this helps you look at your motivation to live a better life; is it for the world or for God?   In my opinion, only what's done for Christ will last.      Be blessed today and always 😇🌸🙏🦅❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment