Monday, October 31, 2011

proverbs 31 study day36


Proverbs Study Kimberly’s take day 36
Scripture to Memorize:

Proverbs 31:20-21 “She strectcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy. 21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household; for all her household are clothed with scarlet.”

Today’s topic is tithe.  We need to give to God our first fruits.  What does that mean?  Do we give Him the first 10% of our pay?  In Donnas book she states,” 90%plus God is better then 100% without Him.”  Most of us agree a 10% tithe is the amount we need to give to God.  I posed this question to a Pastor friend of mine.  He said, “10% was not realistic for some people.  Some can only give $5-20 a week.  Which is less then 10% but they do it consistently, with a happy heart.  The amount is between each individual and God.” 

I personally believe we are to give Him the first of our time too.  When I spend my first moments with God the rest of my day is better.  I can more easily be a cheerful giver to others when I start my day off giving my time to God. 

2 Corinthians 9:7”Everyman according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity; for God loveth a cheerful giver.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

Women’s retreat this weekend at Barker Lake Lodge please come!


















No comments:

Post a Comment