Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fit Bit( Stay the course)


Fit Bit (Staying the course)
Question:  I have been doing well on m Lent restrictions.  I gave up sugar at first, and then refined my pledge to sugary sweets.  Someone pointed out that there is sugar in many things and I was not ready to give up crackers, bread …etc.  I am still the same weight.  I know I did this to honor God, but I thought I would see a benefit in weight loss too.  I used to eat sweets at least every night and sometimes during the day.  I ate a lot of sweets.  Why am I not seeing a weight loss?

ANNswer:  I do not understand why, but I do know that many times we can be doing the right things and not see any outward rewards.  If you are doing the Lent Challenge you have God front and center daily.  That alone should make you feel better on the inside.  When we go on diets and give up sweets, breads…etc. many times it takes our bodies a while to adjust, then KA- BAM!   Sometimes there is no
Ka- bam.  One of my friends has been working with a doctor to loose weight.  She too did well and did not see results for the first month or so.  She was getting very discouraged.  Her doctor told her that our bodies sometimes need time to heal from the damage we do to then.  While they are healing they hold unto the weight as a protective measure.  My friend has now lost over 15 pounds and is enjoying her new healthful eating habits.  Her results were not immediate.  Her results will probably last a lifetime.

Do you remember the woman who gave all of her money to the collection?  Outwardly it looked like she had done little. 

Stay the course, you will see results.

Luke 21:3-4  “ And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all; 
                          For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God; but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment