Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Healthy and Well (veggies 2))


Healthy and Well 2012 (Veggies 2)
This week we are focusing on eating five to seven servings of vegetables a day.

Some of you read this and say forget it, immediately.  Embrace this.  Vegetables help us get the vitamins, minerals, nutrients and anti-oxidants our bodies need to run optimally. They give us fiber and helping our digestive tracks.  Personally, I would rather eat my fruits and vegetables daily instead of taking manufactured/ synthetic vitamins.  Natural is the best.  Just like fruit, fresh is best, frozen then canned in an order of optimal nutritional value.  Sometimes frozen can be better then fresh depending on shelf time.

So how do you go from one or two servings of veggies to five to seven?  I use frozen bags of vegetables for my lunch.   I microwave them, add one or two servings of protein and spice it to my taste.  This gives me four serving in one sitting.  Then I add vegetables to my evening meal too and I have my quota.  This is an easy way to consume five- seven servings daily.

How do you get your vegetables in daily?

Acts 2:42  “ And they continued steadfastly in the apostles doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.”

Be strong!  Continue on!

Daniel 1:15  “ And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the potion of the king’s meat.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


Women’s retreat June 2-9th, we will be practicing daily how to live Healthy and Well.   Having a blast doing it!  So you can do it better when you get home.   There is still room if you are interested Call or email me.  All levels of fitness are encouraged to attend.  I promise you this will be a life-motivating week! Kimberly 608-487-4879 kimberlyamathews@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment