Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Healthy and Well (random acts of kindness 3)


Healthy and Well
 (Random acts of kindness 3)
How do you treat people that are serving you?

    Years ago, I was so caught up in myself that I did not even look a cashier in the eye and smile. Now, I try to use their name and thank them, even if they were slower then my fast paced life required.  How about the wait staff, how do you treat a waiter that is providing you horrible service?

How do you treat the people that are very different then yourself?

     I work as a fire fighter in Madison, WI.  There I meet many people who, smell bad, are down on their luck, chronic alcohol and drug abusers and habitual users of the 911 systems.  It is pretty easy to become hardened, irritated and not so kind.  In these cases I have to stop and intentionally put on kindness.

What does kindness look like?

Start with a sincere smile.  Honestly, accept that person for whom they are.  Most of us have many warts.  Some of us are good at keeping them hidden.  Some of us, look a mess.  We are all beautiful children of God.  What if the person you can’t stomach the sight of, was your child?  Would you pretend not to notice?  Start with a sincere smile and ask God to help you love honestly.

RANDOMLY DO SOMETHING NICE; it doesn’t have to be big, just kind.

Philippians 4:13  “ I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.”

James 1:9-10  “ Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exulted. But the rich, in that he is made low; because as a flower of the grass he shall pass away.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


***Women’s’ retreat June 2-9 contact Kimberly 608-487-4879 or kimberlyamathews@gmail.com*****





No comments:

Post a Comment