Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Healthy and well(protiens2)


Healthy and Well (protein 2)
Four to five servings of lean protein a day may seem like a lot of protein.  How are you doing on consuming this much?  How do you get it in?

Below is a sample of my daily menu.   Please share your ideas.

Breakfast; I eat my three servings of fruit and I try to get in a full cup of yogurt, this can equal about two servings of protein, or I eat two hard-boiled eggs.

Lunch; I use a bag of frozen veggies with one or two servings of protein, which I have left over from the night before.  (I always make extra food for left overs when I cook my evening meals for the family)

Supper; I enjoy this meal with my family, I eat salad, vegetables and a featured protein, usually grilled.

When you eat a protein with your fruits or veggies it helps your meal sustain you longer.   Fruits and vegetables are simple carbohydrates and they can be digested in about an hour, leaving you feeling hungry then.  A protein takes three to four hours to digest, allowing you to feel satisfied for longer periods of time.  That is why I usually have a protein source at all my meals.

1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God; therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment