Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fit Bit (yes you can!)


Fit Bit / Yes you can!!!
Question:  I started “Healthy and Well” then I started the “Lent Challenge”, but I just can’t follow through.  I try, but I just can’t wrap my head around it.  I am pumped up in the morning and by noon I have thrown in the towel.  Then, I give myself permission to screw up for the rest of the day, thinking I’ll start fresh tomorrow.  The next day, I start the same pattern over again.  How can I get off this continual cycle of failure?

ANNswer:  Start small and dedicate that small change to God.  AN example would be given up sweets for Lent.  To succeed you would concentrate on eating the foods that are healthful and when you are tempted to eat a sweet you would simply tell yourself,  “NO.  I have made a commitment for Lent. I can do this.”

In the Bible it says let your Yes be Yes and your No be No.

Galatians 6:9  “And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”

Proverbs 23:7  “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he; Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.”

You can do this!!!  Yes you can!!!  One day at a time, one moment at a time, one decision at a time.   If you mess up, forgive yourself and start fresh that moment.  Don’t wait to start fresh the next day.  Have you heard the old saying, “ tomorrow never comes.”?  Do what you can today and keep on keeping on!

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

Women’s retreat June 2-9th, we will be practicing daily how to live Healthy and Well.   Having a blast doing it!  So you can do it better when you get home.   There is room, if you are interested Call or email me.  All levels of fitness are encouraged to attend.  I promise you this will be a life-motivating week! Kimberly 608-487-4879 kimberlyamathews@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment