Thursday, March 8, 2012

Healthy and Well (veggies 4))


Healthy and Well (Veggies 4)

Veggies as a snack, Veggies as a breakfast?  Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

   If we are going to consume five to seven servings of vegetables a day we have to get out of the box and be creative.  We have to change the way we think of vegetables.  Many people have vegetables at their evening meal and that is it.  Often they serve a bag of frozen veggie for the whole family.  I am telling you to eat the whole bag yourself and then find three more servings throughout your day.  This may seem like gluttony to some, but I promise you consuming 5-7 servings a day,  Will help you fell better day in and day out.  What creative ways have you found to consume your daily requirements?

Daniel 1:15  “ And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the potion of the king’s meat.”

Luke 18:28 And he said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”

Be fit and be blessed,
Kimberly

COMMENTS:
When I first started to eat either 4 servings of steamed veggies or a large salad for lunch I had to choke it down.  I remember putting my plate in the frig because I couldn't finish it and telling myself I had to get it back out later and finish it before the evening meal.  It was challenging for a week or so.  Now my kids can't believe I actually enjoy my veggie lunch. 

Hi Kimberly,
I had leftover asparagus and salmon scrambled with an egg this morning.  It's just a mind thing that breakfast is always bread or ceral.  I can absently munch carrots or dip them in guacamole instead of  chips.  When i sautee greens a whole big bunch from Willy St. wilts down to two servings but I'm sure it's more. and it's filling too.  I'm trying for a green veggie each evening.
Our exchange student didn't eat veggies but I introduced them cooked only until just tender.  They were more desireable then.  Overcooked veggies aren't the best.
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment