Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bible Study Feb 16

Feb 16
Old Testament Exodus 19:1-20:26
20:4 You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.  5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord you God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Kimberly’s thoughts;  In a Bible study the other day, a man asked about generational curses.  He was fearful for his children because of His past.  I have felt the generational curse of alcoholism.  Looking at this commandment, I understand that if I love God and keep His commands, the curse can be changed to blessing.  (Yet, I do realize that I can never perfectly keep His commands, I can try and desire to, but that is about it.  Thank God for Jesus!)

New Testament; Mark 1:29-2:17
2:17 “On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.  I have not come to call the righteous but the sinners.””

Psalm 22:12-21

19”But you, O Lord, be not far off; O my strength come quickly to help me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment