Friday, February 7, 2014

Bible Study Feb 7

Feb 7
Old Testament; Job 40:3-42:17
40:3-5 Then Job answered the Lord; I am unworthy-how can I reply to you?  I put my have over my mouth.  I spoke once, but I have no answer twice, but I will say no more.” The Lord spoke to Job again, then Job replied, 42:5-6  “My ears had heard on you but now my eyes have seen you.  6 Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.”
Then in Chapter 42 the Lord tells Eliphaz that he is angry with him and his two friends, that they have not spoken the truth about Him as Job has. God tells them to present a sacrifice and have Job pray for them.  Then God restores Job. 
42:12”The Lord blessed the latter part of Job’s life more than the first.”
Life lesson; I sometimes think of my youth longingly, like it was the best I will ever have…then I really look at my life now and know the second half of my life is shaping up to be better then the first, thanks to the powerful gift of Jesus!
New Testament; Mathew25: 14-46
The Parable of the Talents 25:21  “Well done, good and faithful servant!  You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.  Come and share your masters happiness!”
Life Lesson; Be a good steward of all God give us.  Including our physical bodies.

Psalm 18:43-50 46”The Lord lives!  Praise be to my Rock!”

No comments:

Post a Comment