Sunday, February 23, 2014

Bible study Feb 23

Feb 23
Old Testament; Exodus 33:7-34:35
During these reading Moses goes back up to the Mountain to get the Commandment tablets again.  He had broken the first set.

 34:5Then the Lord came down in the cloud and stood thee with him and proclaimed his name, the LORD.  6And He passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin.  Yet He does not leave the guilty unpunished; He punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation.”
Kimberly’s thoughts; God’s love is amazing.  Generational punishment is a tough concept.  I know that I discipline my children and pets because I love them and want them to behave, for the good of all.  It is far easier not to discipline.  The results of no discipline are far worst then the pain of discipline.

New Testament; Mark 7:1-30

14 Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen to me, everyone, and understand this, 15Nothing outside a man cam make him unclean by going into him.  Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean.”
Kimberly’s thoughts; Yes, it is good to eat healthful, yet a pure heart is where true heath and wellness lies.  We can only have a pure heart through Jesus Christ. 

Psalm 25:8-15
11 “For the sake of your name, O Lord, forgive my iniquity, though it is great.”

Kimberly’s thoughts; I take great comfort in knowing I am not the only one whose iniquities are great.  I am so very thankful Jesus died for me, for each and every one of us, to bring us into His righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment