Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Bible study Feb 4&5 (sorry I forgot to post it here yesterday only posted of FB)


Feb 4
Old Testament Job 33:1-34:37
Job receives council from yet another person.  27  ‘Then He comes to men and says, I sinned, and perverted what was right.  But I did not het what I deserved.  28He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit, and I will live to enjoy the light.”

Job continues to hold unto his innocence.  Even though he knows people think he is a liar.
Life lesson; It doesn’t matter if people think of us, it matters what God thinks of us.
34:21”His eyes are on the ways of men He sees their every step.”
New Testament; 
Mathew 23:1-39 Jesus warns of the false intentions of the teachers of the law and the Pharisees.  23:11  “The greatest among you will be your servant, 12For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”  25-26”Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites!  You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but the inside they are full of greed and self indulgence.  Blind Pharisees! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.”
Life lesson; this reminds me of concentrating on dieting and exercise without first getting our hearts right with God, true beauty comes from the inside!!!
Psalm 18:25-36 32“It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.  33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; He enables me to stand to the heights.”
Life lesson; What ever you do, trust God is with you and you will be enabled!

Feb 5
Old Testament Job 35:1-37:24
Elihu tells Job of God’s greatness and His ways. 
36:18  “Be careful that no one entices you by riches; do not let a large bribe turn you aside. 19 Would your wealth or even all your mighty efforts sustain you so you would not be in distress?”
Life lesson; as I read this, I feel Job already knows these things about God, that he must be feeling patronized by Elihu.  Then I look closer at Elihu’s words and appreciate the truth he speaks.  Sometimes it is easy to disregard what people are saying if you think you “already know it all”.  Yet, If I take the time and energy to truly listen, I find wisdom.
New testament; Mathew 24:1-31
Jesus speaks of signs of the end of the age.
24:9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.  10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Becuse of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold.”
Life Lesson; do you ever feel your love growing cold?  Continue to read His word.  Be filled with His Holy Spirit and trust in His faithfulness so you can continue to love with God’s love, regardless of your circumstances.
Proverbs 4:1-9
5 “Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment