Thursday, March 11, 2021

Faith expressed by love

 Galatians 5:6 " For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value.  The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in Love." Faith is how we are justified.   Faith alone.   Because of our faith in the finished work of Jesus,  we are forgiven. We don't earn our salvation.   When I ask people if they KNOW they are going to Heaven.  Many will say, "I think so, I'm a pretty good person."  None of us are truly" good people".  We may do more right then wrong but each of us has , our own "bag of bones".   It's the humane condition.    I am better behaved now that I am sober and reading my Bible regularly, then I was when I was drinking and Spiritual but not religious.   But I still know the thoughts I think and the shortcuts and questionable decisions I make, plus of course my blatant doing the wrong thing.    Yet, maybe I could say, " I'm a pretty good person".  The truth is no matter how good I try to be.  It's still bot good enough to win my eternal salavtion.  That earning is only through Faith in Jesus.    1.  I know I am a sinner.  2.   I believe Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for all my sins and make me in right standing with God.  3.  I believe Jesus died and rose again from the grave.    Because I have Faith these three things are true, I KNOW I am going to Heaven.  Because of Faith I know I am continually loved no matter how badly I mess up.  Because, I am loved, I don't want to walk in rebellion but I want to walk in love.    Galatians 5:6 " For in Christ neither circumcision nor uncircumcision  has any value, The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in Love."   Today I hope this verse helps you live in Faith,  expressing itself in love 😇🙏🌸♥️🦅

No comments:

Post a Comment