Saturday, March 6, 2021

Serve with gladness it’s healthy

 1 Peter 5:1 "To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder, a witness of Christ's suffering and one who will share in the glory to be revealed:  2Be Shepard's of Gods flock   That is under your care , serving as overseers-not because you must, but because you are willing as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.  4 And when the Chief Shepard appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away."   I went to 1 Peter 5 today to read 5:7 " cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you".  Always one of my favorites.   But the whole chapter is wonderful.  I like how Paul is telling the elders to watch over those entrusted to them out of love, to be an example.   This reminds me to do all things in love and intentionally try to set an example.   He also uses the words " eager to serve".  I like that too.   Today let's be inspired to put God first, trust Him all the way....with an eager to serve attitude πŸ˜‡πŸš΄πŸŒΈ♥️πŸ¦…πŸ™

No comments:

Post a Comment