Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lent challenge day 14


Lent Challenge day 14

I am being successful this Lent challenge on my sweet decrease.  A good friend of mine is also being successful on trying not to eat food inappropriately.  The difference in our approach is I am focusing on the behavior I want to do and she is focusing on the behavior she wants to avoid.  Today let’s all focus on the behavior we want in our lives a see if that doesn’t help us more.

If I concentrate on the thing I do not want to do, it make me want to do it.  An example;

The only thing I do not want to do today is eat chocolate cake.  My desire becomes chocolate cake even if I normally don’t think about chocolate cake.

The only thing I do not want to do today is drink.  My desire becomes having a drink.

Let’s set our minds on our desired behavior only.  Think of what we want in our lives. 

An example;
I see myself taking time with God every morning before the kids and husband get up.
 I will eat my fruits and vegetable requirements before I have a cheat food.
I will have one cheat food a day and it will be a FDA recommended portion.

When we set our minds on the things above, the behaviors you want to accomplish we keep our hearts focused on the positive.  If we set our minds on our fleshly desires they grow.  They can grow even if we are setting our mind against them.

Romans 8:1  “There are therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment