Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lent challenge day 17


Lent Challenge Day 17

  Some of us cannot imagine keeping this up for a lifetime.  Change is difficult.  We can desire to change because we are fed up with the extra weight or lack of energy and then because change is difficult we decide that our old ways maybe aren’t that bad and we’ll be Ok if we just forget it.

About eight years ago I felt that way about my drinking.  I had tried to quit hundreds of times and I finally said Forget it.  I can’t do it why try?  Then I tried one more time.  I am so glad I did not give up.

When I quit drinking it was a major lifestyle change.  Alcohol had become my friend and I was lonely with out it.  I had to relearn how to entertain myself and be happy in my new lifestyle without looking back.  I still have to use those techniques when I give up ice cream, snacking, over spending.  I don’t think of “I can never do this behavior again” I just think “I can do this today, until I go to bed tonight”.  (Sometimes I go to bed early to help me make it)

Turning from the old to the upward call of God is not the easiest path.  But it is worth it.  Don’t worry about the rest of your life.  Just take one day at a time.  Make one choice at a time, moment by moment. 

We can do this!  We can do it in joy!

Matthew 7:13-14  “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.  Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

1 Timothy 6:6  “godliness with contentment is great gain.”

Be fit and be blessed,


Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment