Monday, March 21, 2011

Lent wellness day 13


Lent Challenge day 13
Happy Spring!!

Spring makes me think of summer.  Summer makes me think of swimming and biking and water skiing.  I am thankful that the Lord has put upon my heart to decrease the large amount of sugar I was eating.  I am starting to lose weight and I needed to in order to fit into my summer wardrobe.

Last weekend we had a Women’s retreat at Barker Lake Lodge.  It was wonderful!  I was reminded that God is a God of abundance.  An Evangelist spoke in the afternoon.  She gave testimony to how God provided for her over and over again, often at the last minute.  She just had to trust and walk in faith.

 I tried to quit drinking over and over again; I have tried to quit mass amounts of sugar over and over again.  God is a God of abundance. I can feel him freeing me from my sugar addiction.  I need to keep doing my part and not turn back to it.  He can and will give us what we need.  This includes the strength to keep on keeping on.  Trust and believe today our strength is made perfect through Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 12:19)  If you are turning from an old destructive life style pattern call on His strength when you romance the idea of how the old undesirable behavior is acceptable.

Mathew 5:37 “Let your Yes be Yes and you No, No.  For what ever is more than these is from the evil one.”
Proverbs 23:7 “ A  s a man thinkith in his heart so shall he be”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment