Monday, March 14, 2011

lent wellness day 6

Lent Wellness Challenge day 6

Good Morning,

I have been working at the Fire House this weekend, with plenty of opportunity to eat sweets.  I started yesterday with an excuse…”Do you think this cringle is a dessert or breakfast item? “  I said to my co-worker.  He said, Lots of people eat a cringle for breakfast it is pure sugar.  I had my excuse!  Then I heard a small voice inside my head that said, “I love God more then I love cringles” I backed off the cringle and ate fruit and vegetables.  Later that morning I realized the cook did not buy ice cream so I decided to eat a normal size portion of the cringle for my dessert.    I then remembered the verse Christina brought up at last weeks meeting.

1 Corinthians 10:23 “ All things are lawful for me but all things are not expedient; all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.”

I learned that even if I have a great excuse to go back to my old ways, I am better off to stay in my solution and honor God.

Be fit and be blessed and be solution oriented today!

Kimberly

Please share the Bible verses that have helped you this week

PS. I am very thankful that the cook did not buy ice cream, so at least I was able to stay with my one normal size dessert for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment