Friday, March 25, 2011

Lent challenge day 18


Lent Wellness Challenge Day 18
Today I really struggled.  I have been doing so well this Lent season and today I wanted to eat everything!

Stinking Thinking is what can keep us stuck in our old ways.  When Lt. Rob mentioned the pizza I immediately said,  “Bad idea” to my self.  But as he kept mentioning it, I started thinking of how good I have been and how pizza wasn’t really a treat, so I could eat it without breaking my Lent vow.  There was my excuse and I ran with it.

1 Corinthians 6:12  “All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient:  all things are lawful for me but I will not be brought under the power of any.”

I caught myself later in the day really being obsessed with food.  Which is not where I have been with food these past weeks.  I had to do something to get my mind off it!  I took a break and exercised.  I felt much better and then I felt hungry.  Some days it is more difficult to do the right thing then other days. 

 I realized that I am over tiered.  When we lack enough sleep we can compensate by over eating.  People who do not get enough sleep tend to be 25 pounds or more over weight.  When I am over tiered I also forget to honor God.  Most of us need 8-10 hours of sleep a day.

Today I hope we each have a wonderful day!  If you are tiered or stressed sleep and rest in His love.   “Stinking Thinking” attacks all of us.  Attack back with the word of God!

Proverbs 3:5-7  “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.  Be not wise in thine own eyes:  fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly



No comments:

Post a Comment