Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lent challenge day 21


Lent Challenge Day 21
STREGTH

Our physical bodies need strength.  In order to get strength we need to work our muscles.  We work them to fatigue and let them rest and fatigue them again.  This tearing down the muscle and letting it rebuild stronger is how we get stronger.

Today I was reading Psalm 40 this chapter reminded me how fragile we can feel and when we call on Him we become strong.  I can see in my own life how my faith has become strong through continually having to trust Him when I have been broken.  Because of the continual breaking I have learned that what ever comes my way He can rebuild me.  I am so thankful for this faith.

Sometimes when we are stressed we can turn to other things instead of God to give us strength.  In the past I have turned to gossip, complaining, food, alcohol…do you find your strength in Him?  Or are you reaching for something else first?


Psalm 40:2  “He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment