Wednesday, March 16, 2011

lent wellness day 8


Lent Challenge day 8
Good Morning,

Based on our comments, most of us seem to struggle with giving up the old and pressing toward the upward call of God.  That is what we are doing, pressing forward to His upward call.  When we decided on the behavior we were going to give up for Lent, we picked a behavior that will honor Him.  When I focus on Honoring Him in my behavior I find the extra strength it takes for me to keep on keeping on.

Moving forward is letting go of the past.  Jesus died that we are saved and that we may have and enjoy our present life.  Forgiveness is key!  Yesterday I gave a presentation that was pretty good.  I find myself tempted to rehash it over and over.  I did what I did.  I forgive myself for the parts that I could have done better.  I learn from it.  I let it go.  I cannot do anything to change the past.  Today I will try to stay in my present moment.  Accepting His forgiveness moment by moment, I will use His strength to keep on keeping on.

Luke 7:47 “Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much:  but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.” KJV

John 10:10 “ The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill and to destroy” I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” KJV

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment