Friday, March 11, 2011

Lent wellness day 3


Lent Wellness challenge day 3

Good Afternoon,

  I am working at the Fire House today so I am off my schedule. 

Yesterday, we had a great meeting.  Thank you those who were able to attend.  Most of us in this group want to be more focused on God and live healthier life styles.

A common problem we have is our excuses.  You know them, I don’t have time, I don’t think I can, I tried but it doesn’t work for me…We can find an excuse to not get out of bed in the morning if we want to.  When we give into our excuses we cannot change our lives.  Today and each day forward when the voice of excuse comes upon us let’s immediately squash it with a solution. 

An example:
 I don’t want to exercise because I don’t have time.  Solution, make time even five minutes on the hour counts.

I can’t stop eating these sweets.  I quit!  I can’t do it anyway.  Solution: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  I am going to put this sweet down and I am going to get out of the kitchen.

If we are going succeed in conquering our excuses we need to ask God for his help and keep turning our mind and actions to Him and  our new desired behavior.  Do not worry about how hard it seems.   Just keep the goal in mind and any thought that does not line up with your goal dismiss it.

Proverbs 23:6-7”Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats: For as he thinkith in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saithith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee”

Concentrate on solutions and avoid excuses!!!

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment