Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lent wellness day 12


Lent Wellness Challenge Day 12
Yesterday I had a wonderful opportunity to be a Key Note speaker at a Women’s retreat at Barker Lake Lodge in Winter, WI.   I was one of three speakers and about 50 women.  It was a great day!

This reminded me of how important it is for us to be helping each other stay strong in Jesus and strong in our physical bodies.  Many times when we encourage each other we encourage each other to take a load off.  Today, let’s try to encourage each other to go the extra mile for our Lord in all areas of our lives, especially in our physical bodies.  Sometimes the best way to encourage others is to give heart-felt examples of what works for us.

When you read this email, please send back a quick update of what is working for you this Lent Challenge.  When we share how we succeed we can inspire others to do the same.

What is working for me to stay on track with eating only one normal size dessert a day is remembering I am doing this to honor God through Lent.  I tell myself “ I love God more then I love being a gluttonous dessert eater.  I can do this at least through Lent.”  Yesterday was tempting; there were lots of great looking desserts there. I concentrated on eating the healthful food choices and was satisfied to do so.

1 Timothy6: 6  “But Godliness with contentment is great gain.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment