Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Forgive, forget and live in love

Yesterday.  I had an opportunity to get mad at my sister but instead of letting anger take my heart,  I truly just felt love and forgiveness.  It took me a couple minutes but truly my heart only felt good toward her.   One of my friends reminded me a while ago, the Bible tells us not to take offense in the first  place.   Today, I hope this little example helps you find love and forgiveness in your heart,  if you feel any offense toward anyone.    I like the acronym LAFF love, accept  forgive and forget.    Now, we need  to simply forget about it.  Which, with my brain is easy😇.  It's important when you've  decided to forgive someone that you  also let it go and forget it.   Jesus takes our sins and removes them as far as the East is from the West and remembers them No More!!    Sometimes (often) the person I need to forgive is me.   I also like the saying" why am I remembering what Jesus has forgotten".    He remembers our sins no more.... He gives us a fresh start moment by moment because of the sacrifice He made for us on the cross.   Today I hope this helps you live in His love and forgiveness and grant that same love and forgiveness to all those in your life😇.   Ephesians 4:32" Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving eachother, just as Christ God forgave you."

No comments:

Post a Comment