Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Godliness is timeless

1 Timothy 4:7-8 “ Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives tails; rather train yourself to be godly.  8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding a promise for both the present life and the life to come.”  One of my friends said, " If I'm not an athlete who am I?"   I get this.  I have been an athlete for many years.   When I was younger I took great happiness in seeing my name in the paper because of this or that athletic accomplishment.    But truly all those ribbons and trophy's just collected dust and records I once set are most likely all shattered by now.  Today's is my 59th Birthday. Not many 60 year olds are impressive athletes.   Some can be , but usually when they are " Good" ,  their accomplishments are preferences  by" She is really good for her age" πŸ˜‡. Godliness is not something that gets a preferenced like that. My great grandma Holt was 99 when she passed and when she was in her 80s she helped me TRUST Jesus by holding faith important and being a beautiful Christian woman.   The people in my life that have helped me the most are the ones who help me stay focused on my faith.   It is a timeless quality.   Truly it's eternal.  Through Jesus we have life eternal.  Physical traing is of some value , but godliness has value in all thingsπŸ˜‡❤️πŸ™πŸŒΈπŸ¦…

No comments:

Post a Comment