Saturday, May 1, 2021

Filled from within

Yesterday I witnessed a friend of mine, secretly  draw comfort from doughnuts, cigarettes and a monster drink.  She is also in recovery.  When I am in the middle of my addictions, I often act in a secretive, compulsive way.  I sometimes try to justify taking comfort in my over eating by doing it the open. (Eating lots of corn chips) but when ever I seek internal peace by anything other then Jesus I am left even emptier then before.   I love a good workout or a big bowl of DQ, but when I get comfort in them I am needy again quickly.    When I seek first Jesus, His peace, love and comfort, I am get streams of living water to quench my thirst.   This helps me TRUST Him and be filled in the middle of any storm.    For me, to consistently have His peace I have to consistently turn to Him to fill me up.    If I catch myself being compulsive and acting addictive then I try to STOP and look up.   So I can be filled from with in.    John 7:37 " On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.  38 whoever believes in me, as the scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."   ๐Ÿ˜‡๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ™❤️๐Ÿฆ… John3:34. " For the one whom God has sent, speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit."   May you be filled with His Spirit today and always....  gives true meaning to the phrase"Be filled!"๐Ÿ˜‡

No comments:

Post a Comment