Sunday, May 9, 2021

Selfish ambition wrecks the day

Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing out of selfishness ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.  4 Each of you should not look only to your own interests, but also to the interest of others.  5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.     Serve others with a pure heart     I've been a Christian for a long time and I often think of myself as having sincere love in my heart toward others.  But I still do things out of selfish ambition.  Which makes me sad. Yesterday, I had made arrangements with my dear friend and then I changed the plan, mainly cuz I didn't want to get off the River    I acted selfishly.     It's funny to me how I can want to be a " good person " yet continually mess up in my selfishness.    I take some comfort that even the great apostle Paul said, "why is it that I do the things I don't want to do and don't do the things I want to do?"   Today I hope my story helps sincerely put others a head of yourself with a Christ Jesus love.     Happy Mother's Day.   Moms can be so good at sacrificial loveπŸ˜‡❤️πŸŒΈπŸ™πŸ¦…

No comments:

Post a Comment