Friday, April 1, 2011

Lent challenge day 24


Lent Wellness Challenge Day 24
STRENGTH . ENDURANCE . FLEXIBILITY .

In our physical bodies we need all three of these for optimal physical conditioning. 

Flexibility is increased in our bodies by stretching.  We need to be able to have full range of motion around our joints to have optimal performance.  Stretching can be done everyday.  There are many different ways to stretch.   Many people ignore stretching.  When they do their chance for injury goes up.  Today lets be encouraged to increase our flexibility through stretching.

In our spiritual and mental aspects of life we too have to be flexible.  We need to stretch ourselves to do what He calls us to do.  When we are actively pursuing a new healthful life style it can be a stretch for us.  It can be painful to give up old ways.  Ultimately when we listen to the upward call of God and do what we need to do we will avoid getting injured in the long run.  Even Jesus was stretched:

Luke 22:42 “Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but Thine be done,”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

*****Yesterday the phone conference did not happen.  I apologize; I lost my keys at Wal-Mart and started our meeting late.  I tried to get on the teleconference at 3:40 and then nixed the idea.  I will try again next week.  Please let me know if you are interested in this option.*********

No comments:

Post a Comment