Friday, April 15, 2011

Lent Wellness Challenge Day 38


Lent Wellness Challenge Day 38
HOME=Safe (Home is where our story begins, Home is where the heart is, Home is safe!)

Today as we continue on with the Faith Centered Fitness Wellness Wheel we will touch on keeping our homes safe.  When we think of safety let’s think of the basis for safety first.  Many things are simply “out of our control”.  The foundation of being safe is FAITH.  Grounding our home around our faith is the first step to making our homes safe. 

Applying His word to our daily life at home is where to start.  If we don’t practice being a Christian at home how are we supposed to be one in public?

At home let’s get rid of the triggers that can cause us poor behavior for example:

1.     Eliminate junk food from our homes.
2.     Keep the televisions off unless we are watching something on purpose.
3.     Keep our homes clean and in good working order.
4.     Stock our homes with healthful food choices.
5.     Treat each other and us with love, respect and kindness and forgiveness.
6.     Keep our homes alcohol free especially if a family member is an alcoholic.
7.     Keep all forms of violence, and ungodliness out of our homes.

These are just a few suggestions.  You know what you need to improve your home situation.  Please share your ideas with us.  It is important that our homes are a place we practice being CHRISTIANS!  A place we can THRIVE!

“Do not eat nor drink anything that makes your brother stumble”(Does anyone remember where this verse is from?)

John 10:27 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder.
    Is this the verse you thinking of?
    Romans 14:21
    It is good not to eat meat or to drink wine, or to do anything by which your brother stumbles.
    I use this link to search for verses when I'm on the computer: http://www.biblegateway.com/ You can look in various versions, I like New American Standard. This website comes in handy for me.
    Here is a verse that my 8 yr old daughter gave to me yesterday. "You should be like one big happy family, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds." 1 Peter 3:8. I don't know what version this is but it was in her handwriting assignment. Each week she needs to write out a verse neatly and color a picture to go with it and then give it to someone. Well, she gave this to me and I thought, "how fitting as our family has just started a fitness unit for school" And Kimberly you mentioning the HOME and family today just fits with this verse too. I think I will add the attributes mentioned in the verse to the bottom of our fitness checklist to remind us that we need to be a family in Christ.
    Thanks so much.
    Praising God for today and for all of you.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete