HOME=Safe (Home is where our story begins, Home is where the heart is, Home is safe!)
Today as we continue on with the Faith Centered Fitness Wellness Wheel we will touch on keeping our homes safe. When we think of safety let’s think of the basis for safety first. Many things are simply “out of our control”. The foundation of being safe is FAITH. Grounding our home around our faith is the first step to making our homes safe.
Applying His word to our daily life at home is where to start. If we don’t practice being a Christian at home how are we supposed to be one in public?
At home let’s get rid of the triggers that can cause us poor behavior for example:
1. Eliminate junk food from our homes.
2. Keep the televisions off unless we are watching something on purpose.
3. Keep our homes clean and in good working order.
4. Stock our homes with healthful food choices.
5. Treat each other and us with love, respect and kindness and forgiveness.
6. Keep our homes alcohol free especially if a family member is an alcoholic.
7. Keep all forms of violence, and ungodliness out of our homes.
These are just a few suggestions. You know what you need to improve your home situation. Please share your ideas with us. It is important that our homes are a place we practice being CHRISTIANS! A place we can THRIVE!
“Do not eat nor drink anything that makes your brother stumble”(Does anyone remember where this verse is from?)
John 10:27 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me”
Be fit and be blessed,